On Thursday, the company said it got approval from the regulator of the sector, the Lagos State Metropolitan Area Transport Authority, to increase the fares.
The News Agency of Nigeria earlier reported that the company withdrew its services on Monday due to losses caused by the new guidelines of government which restricted the number of commuters on BRT to 20 per trip instead of 70.
After the meeting, Tinubu said agreement had been reached for the fares to be increased.
He said, “We are going to increase our pricing effective from Friday, May 29 (today). We agreed on this after our talk with the Lagos State Government.
“We are increasing our fares. We have secured the permission of the regulator, Lagos State Metropolitan Area Transport Authority.”
He said the number of passengers on the buses would also be increased to 42, with no passenger standing on buses as against 20 earlier approved by the government.